Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wool Penny Rug Love...

This penny rug is from a commercial pattern that I purchased.  The original pattern makes large piece, but I wanted it to be small so that it would fit on my little hall table near the foyer.  It's all cut out and ready to stitch.  I think I'm going to do the entire thing in gold dmc size 8 pearl cotton.
I'm hoping a little stitching will take my mind off the fact that Molly wants to go to a college that will cost us $200,000 for a 4 year degree.  mmmm, if all four of my children choose a college like this it would cost us $800,000 in tuition.  fun.  no problem.  I'll just pull my checkbook out.

Kellie's class is talking about erosion in science today so she took this rock to school for a little show and tell.


She found it at the beach in the surf.  Isn't it cool?  I love how smooth it is.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Cool rock! Penny rugs are so beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Maybe Molly will change her mind.

Dag said...

the little mat will be pretty - never done this... did you dye your wool? and i wonder what stitch you will use? show me more more more!!
- and have funfunfun!
- and what a fun item to bring to school, cool rock!

Dag said...

i guess i zoned out the college tuition part... soooorry... i know where you are coming from... both kids in private school right now and what's to come?!

iconrugs said...

Good! You have made interesting commercial pattern on this wool rugs.
I'll also try to follow that.