Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This Bread Is The Devil!

I love this bread!  It's the basic - master recipe boule from the Artisan Bread book that I talk about all the time!  I always make it with thyme and rosemary in it and holy schmoly I could seriously eat this entire thing!
I feel like I did - I'm off to put on sweat pants - but by golly it's good!  so worth the 20 gazillion pounds that I think (and feel) like I just gained.  If you don't have this book you should buy it right now!  I love it so much that I'm about to buy this one!  That way I can eat even MORE bread!  Bread is my weakness.  I can walk away from almost anything else - within reason - chocolate is obviously an exception... and cupcakes...well, and cookies, and of course ice cream - lol - okay so I can't walk away from anything, but this bread - forget about it!  I would kill anyone who tried to get between me and this bread!  Ask Mark - he ate the crusty end piece!!!  I was like wwwhhhaaaaaat? - what the heck?!  Where is the crusty end?!!!?!!! Lets just say - I'm confident he won't be trying that maneuver again!

8 comments:

art spirit said...

Oh...that bread looks sooo good...I may just have to make some too!

Deborah said...

It looks delicious!

upholstery cleaning Sacramento said...

You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve got a design here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying. Great job, indeed.

wedding news said...

Bread lover should buy this book because this is a great help.

gvinci33 said...

Looks tasteful. That's one of the largest bread I've ever seen. credit collection agency

Sharyl said...

Looking around your blogs, and I found this entry. I've never attempted to make home-made breads, but have loved them all my life...and anything bread-like...and I'm with you on anything but chocolate, but sometimes bread even beats out chocolate! (Gasp!) A big glass of iced tea and chunk-o-warm-bread with butter is my idea of heaven and makes for a great day on earth too!

I enjoyed your entry! :-)

Sharyl ~ Sharyl's Jewelry

Marie said...

This would be the kiss of death for me - nothing makes my heart sing more than fresh bread and hard butter - not even quilting!

Elizabeth S said...

Hi Mary! heeheehee! I am the exact same way with bread and that is the very reason that I should NOT make this bread!!!! I was and am still, seriously considering purchasing a bread maker to "save money". But in fact, the real reason is that there is No Smell that will make me melt like butter, like the smell of fresh bread baking! Oh, if they could only bottle it I would buy it and save myself some calories in the process! In the meantime, PASS ME THE BECEL!
elizabeth