Friday, December 17, 2010

Because They Want To Kill Me

Jason turned 19 on Wednesday the 15th. Happy Birthday Jason. He wanted a new car for his birthday. I told him, yeah, I wanted a new house complete with staff for my birthday - I didn't get that either. :O)

Back when Jason was 4 years old I thought this was really cute. (Molly is 3)But you see, Jason has joined the volunteer fire department. I thought that was a great thing, him wanting to help people. But then he was on the sofa practicing with his face mask attaching and removing the air hose. Scared the bajeezus out of me! I was like...um, buddy, you won't be needing that skill because you are only going to work the food truck handing out sandwiches and coffee to the firefighters who will actually be putting out the fire. He wasn't amused. Then Mark brings home a scanner - A SCANNER!!! so that we can listen to the calls going out. I was like OH ABSOLUTELY NOT! I want to pretend he is at the firehouse playing basketball, learning to cook, washing engines, that kind of thing. I don't want to hear all the details of every call he goes on! I'm the mom people!!! give me a break! And honestly, do you trust this guy to come save you? LOL
Still glazing glazing glazing. I hope you are having a good week!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Seems that way sometimes, doesn't it.