Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ahh, French Knots....

I've been working on these little blocks (pillow things) this week.I'm almost finished. Just a few more stitches and some beading. I love french knots and this little lamb was perfect for just such a stitch. I'm using a variegated floss that sadly is no longer on the market. I like how subtle the color changes are and the soft colors in it.
This block is from my hand dyed velvet. It's so squishy and soft - it's great to work with - it gives a lot of texture to the block. I hope you are having a nice week, too.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I LOVE these and keep telling myself that I'm gong to start making some! Those French knots are perfect for the little lamb!

Kris said...

Sooooo pretty!

Dag said...

boy, reading your blog makes me feel real bad about myself sometimes..... because i get soooo greedy, i wanna say mewantmewantmewant like a 2-year-old!!
these are soooooo darn cute!!

Levin said...

don't talk to me about french knots!!!! i've never been able to master them, no matter how hard i've tried. makes me stressed just thinking about it....arghhhh
love your pillow thingies :)
l
x