Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Making Progress

I was able to work on the little houses over the weekend and have the applique part finished on six of them. There are some wonky parts, but I like them.I really like the door on this one...I'm really looking forward to the embroidery and embellishment part on these.

And I got the deal of a lifetime! I bought two boxes like this...they were mismarked as 40% off when they weren't on sale. I had a coupon for and extra 20% off my total purchase so I got these boxes for 60% off! The manager was not happy - I wouldn't want to be the employee who forgot to remove the sale sign, but it sure made my day!!!

4 comments:

Dag said...

nothing better than a really good deal - congrats!! got one of those myself! storage of the stamps...

i love your cute houses!!! looks like a looot of work, well, i guess that is the kind of 'lotta work' that we all enjoy :-)

working on the mail to you my friend - almost ready...!!!

Levin said...

i bet the manager wasn't happy - what a score!!!
your houses look fabulous - i've never really tried applique - well i have once, but it drove me nuts.....
perhaps i should have stuck with it ;-)
l
x

Jackie said...

Your houses are gorgeous. And well done on the boxes.

Kris said...

I love those houses. So cute. And the colours are wonderful!