Monday, November 1, 2010

I Love November!

November?! Are you kidding me? This year is flying by. I do love November - I am so excited about Thanksgiving. Love Thanksgiving. We had a great weekend here. Saturday night the kids were carving the pumpkins - Kellie was more interested in playing in the bag of pumpkin guts but Molly, Jason, and Ryan did a great job with the pumpkins.Molly had a few friends over Halloween night for a little party.They took Kellie trick or treating so that I could give out the candy.They only lasted about an hour and a half and then they were just too cold. The first few times the doorbell rang Howard would jump up, bark, and race me to the door. After the fourth ring in about 6 minutes he was like "forget about it!" and only opened one eye as if to say ... good luck with that, I'll wait here.

November makes me want to bake so today I went to the store and bought all of the ingredients to make an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, gingerbread cookies, and sugar cookies. I really like to use these giant copper cookie cutters. I like making a few really big cookies sometimes and decorating them with royal icing.This is a page from my journal. I think it's too dark to really do anything with, but it was really fun to do so I thought I would show it to you.
That's it for me today. Happy November!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I bet your house smells good with all that baking!

Levin said...

autumn (fall) in america seems much nicer than here. we don't celebrate thanksgiving, but it seems like a good thing to do. personally i think it's important to be thankful for all we have in life.
we are not baking in my house - no no, we (namely me) are on a diet because we have baked a little too much over the winter and now find that our tummies don't like being squashed into jeans!!!
l
x

Kris said...

I love apple pie! I am looking forward to November too. Not the heat etc. (Last November we had a record breaking heatwave. 7 days over 36C (100F) This November has been much cooler so far, but it will warm up soon!) Just the getting closer to Christmasness!