Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Love Applique...

I really really do. It's my favorite thing and I have been doing a lot of it this week. I started my week working on a little vase of flowers - I finished the applique part, but I need to sew on the big flower beads and do all of the embroidery and other beading on it. On Tuesday I drafted the patterns for a bunch of little four inch houses to make into ornaments although I'm thinking of remaking them into a quilt because I love them so much. Yesterday I cut out all the pieces...And today I have started the applique. I really like these little houses. I want them to be like those tiny cardboard glitter houses from vintage train gardens so when all of the applique is finished I'm going to add a lot of sparkle to them.
It is a really pretty day today and Mark has off from work for Veterans Day so we went for a ride on the Harley. So so pretty. I love that we are surrounded by beautiful farmland. I should have taken my camera - I always think of it after we leave the house! I hope you are enjoying your day, too.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I Love what you are doing! The polka dot vase, the houses and fabrics!! Nice to think of your ride through the countryside today!

Deborah said...

Those would look great either as ornaments or a quilt!

Kris said...

Love em. You never do anything by halves Mary!

art spirit said...

Love all your little houses! And I spotted some books that I "need" now!
Love Janet Bolton too...didn't know that she illustrated children's books! Want those too!