Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's On My Needles...

I bought this yarn last winter to make myself a cowl and never did get around to it. Today is dark, rainy, and gloomy so I decided to get to it.after about 20 minutes of knitting I'm already in love with this!and all I keep thinking is that I am going to make socks in this pattern as soon as this cowl is finished.I don't remember what this yarn is, I lost the label after I wound the ball. dolt! But it's really soft.

I am also working with red earthenware clay this week. I'm making the swatches of all of the glaze and glaze combinations that I have on this clay.It's tedious and time consuming, but completely worth it in the end because you can see what your beads, buttons, etc will look like before you even begin. These are the samples with the white clay that I made back when I was glazing all of those Ice cream bowls for the girls.They show how every color underglaze with every color glaze will look on the white clay.
So I still have a lot more to make with this red clay, but these three are definitely my favorites so far.I hope you are having a great day too!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Lovely colors for a dreary day. It has been raining here all day too but is now beginning to clear up. I love how your favorite swatches look against the little quilt in the previous post.

Levin said...

i love the look of the yarn. i've recently discovered web's yarns and have bought a couple of beautiful skeins of yarn from them (can you believe it's still cheaper to buy and post from america than buy it here???). anyway, i'm itching to get started on a project with it because right now i'm knitting a cardi in pretty basic wool that doesn't feel soft. i'm so close to finishing and yet so far away......
your red clay work looks bright and beautiful.
l
x

Kris said...

I am having a great day! Love the cowl and the glazed bits. It was a gray and rainy Friday here. (It's almost 10pm) Warm though. 24 degrees. (I think 78 in farenheit someone on the radio in the middle of the night said double and add 30!) I am off to a quilt class tomorrow. Must sleep first!

Dag said...

i just love your red clay thingies - gorgeous!! wow!
and the green knitting, beautiful! - ps. i'm working on my yarn samples for you - really now!