Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Is Taking Forever!

I have been glazing the ice cream bowls from the party. I was hoping to fit two in the kiln at a time, but no luck there.I have to glaze them one at a time. So I have been running my kiln every single day trying to get these finished. I like how they are coming out. Most of the girls were very creative and used a lot of color.Because I have to run the kiln every day I have been glazing a lot of things to stick in the kiln to fill it. It's like a sweat shop around here! :O) But if I'm going to use that electricity I want to make darn sure I don't waste any space in that kiln! So I thought I would show you some of the newest stuff coming out of the kiln this week...

I've been making little sets of pendants and earrings. (Can you tell what the Christmas gifts around my family are going to be this year? LOL)
and these are some odd ball pieces...
But these buttons...oh these buttons...
they are big - 1.5 inches. I really like them. I'm going to knit and felt two bags - one for me and one for my mom for Christmas - and use these for the closures. I want to use a really big chunky wool for this and I don't have any so I'll have to suffer through some shopping for wool. :O) Poor me. But that's going to have to wait because, alas, I haven't any money to spend right now...darn kids. :O)

It's a rainy gloomy day here (as you can see from my dark photos) and I'm just glazing like a crazy person because I have 5 more days of bowl firings before this job is finished. That's about as exciting as it gets around here this week - I hope you have a happy day.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

It's nice to see such bright and cheerful work on a day as dreary as today! They did a great job with the bowls! That was a pretty special birthday party. I also love the little ceramic pieces!

Kris said...

That's as exciting as it gets? Looks pretty exciting to me! Love those buttons!

Levin said...

the bowls look great. i think that was such a clever idea to get the kids to decorate them.
i love those buttons too - can't wait to see them on bags :)
l
x

Jackie said...

Your ceramics are amazing especially those fabulous square buttons with the swirly patterns.