Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sheesh! You gotta' be kidding me!

Kellie's birthday is on the 20 Th of this month. She wanted to go to Amazing Glaze to have her party. It's one of those places where you pick a bisque ware item and you paint it with glaze and they fire it for you etc... Anyway, I went in today to find out how much they charge and what is included....

You must have a minimum of 6 kids. They provide a selection of SMALL items for the kids to choose from. They provide ice cream from the local dairy. All this fabulousness for only $20.00 a kid!!!! I'm thinkin' .... yeah. that's not going to happen. By the time I do the goodie bags for the kids it will be more like a wedding reception than a birthday party!

So...I came back home and went online to look at bisque ware. I can get a case of six 3 1/4 x 6 3/4 inch ice cream cone boxes at a price for $10.50. Or six flower boxes that are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 x 2 inches for $12.50 or even six big mugs for $9.00! They have really cute ice cream dishes too. So much to choose from - So, party here. They can use my glaze and I'll just fire them myself. The store was taking 2 weeks for delivery anyway, I could fire one or two a day and still be finished much quicker than that! And with the party here I can have a cake with the ice cream and maybe even pizza and a Pink Cupcake Pinata and then I found this Ice Cream PiƱata Tutorial!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Maybe you should set up a rival service!

Kris said...

Lol! Wedding reception! We are having one of those here in 3 weeks (son getting married) and trust me, his is not costing anywhere near $30 or $40 a head!!! Have a fun party!