Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Sample Of The Glazed Pieces

I hope you had a nice 3 day weekend. We spent yesterday at my sisters with the entire family to celebrate Labor Day, but also my Dad's 88Th birthday. It was such a beautiful day.This is the view from her house. It's so pretty.I finished glazing some of the clay. I'm pretty happy with them, but when I glaze the rest I'm going to do three coats of glaze instead of just two. I think they would look better with that extra coat. If you click on the photos you can see the colors of the glazes a lot better.
These are my favorite buttons from this batch...

Some pendants....
I love these turtles. I made a bunch because I wanted to see what each glaze would look like. My favorite is the one on the far right.Some earrings...This I'm going to make into a beaded piece...I hate the glaze on these. They definitely need at least one more coat.
Almost all of these pieces are from my antique button collection, but on a few I used some tools to make patterns and a few others are from rubber stamps.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Ahh they are gorgeous and the mystery is cleared up.

Kris said...

I love them! They look so different glazed. They have personality now!

dulcy said...

Absolutely fabulous Mary! I love the glazes your are using... and thanks so much for sending me the knitting patterns. As soon as I'm done with my last sock I plan on getting to the mittens!

Dag said...

you are amazing!! i just love what you make!
looks like you had a great weekend!! what a view!