Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Don't you just love when...

You take the time to make a yummy apple pie and a big dinner for your family...and just as I'm putting the pork roast into the oven...Molly called. Is it okay if I don't eat dinner at home? NO!!! I made an apple pie and a roast and you better be here! She just laughed because she knows I'm a pushover about things like that when she wants to stay after at school - and this was for drama and I don't want to say no to school stuff. So I told her if she would rather have nasty old pizza at school with her friends than my yummy dinner so be it, but she can't have any pie because I'm going to make sure that we eat it all before she gets home! brat.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Ah! Its a sad fact that pizza with friends could be a bigger attraction than that lovely roast and thats just the beginning....

Kris said...

My Molly walked in from Uni last night as I was putting the roast vegies in the oven saying "Why are you cooking yummy stuff when I have to leave straight away?" I told her she didn't HAVE to go to the movies with her friends and she said "Funny Mum!"

Dag said...

hahaha!! these kids, they will truly appreciate your cooking once they've left, right. -- Not that i know what i'm talking about :-)
i hope it was as yum as the ingredients looked.. i would have loved me some roast...