Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm Back To It....

I've been busy. Last vacation of the summer, getting ready for school, but also busy with sewing, clay, knitting, and baking. Remember when I went on and on about this book? Well, I made the basic bread again but this time I added thyme and rosemary to the dough.So so good! It's crunchy on the outside and soft and yummy on the inside. I love bread dipped in olive oil with some spices and this bread is perfect for that. Yum.
I also finished these gloves and I love them. They still need the ends sewn in and they need to be blocked, but I like the way they feel on.
I'm now working on the next pair and as soon as I am finished knitting all three skeins into gloves I will be listing them on etsy.

I have also been working with clay. I've made a bunch of little items.I'm going to glaze them this week with the new glazes that I bought. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

This clover is for me, but I am making one for Molly too.
This cupcake pendant is for Kellie
Kellie loves turtles so this will be a pendant for her as well.
I love these little earrings.
I have been piecing small quilts too.I'm going to do a lot of hand work on these - embroidery, applique, beading, quilting, etc

We had a nice time at the beach. The weather wasn't as nice this time as it was in July. We ended up coming home a day early because after two days of rain we were pretty bored.

Howard loves to go out with us. As long as Molly gets in first Howard will sit very nicely on his seat instead of taking over the entire thing...We did get some fun time at the beach. Howard stayed a safe distance from the water, but he had fun meeting lots of new friends on the beach.But for some reason, when it was time to leave the beach, Howard decided to sit on Molly's lap. I really don't understand why he did that, but every time she tried to push him off he would just lean against her more so she gave upAnd we discovered yet another of Howard's phobias. On the way home from the beach Mark stopped for gas. While we were waiting Mark decided to use the squeegee thing and wash the windshield. Howard was petrified of the window washing procedure. You just never know what is going to scare this dog. Poor Howard...
So the kids will be back in school tomorrow morning. Jason starts college on Wednesday. And I'm ready to get back to the school year routine. Summer was fun, but I'm ready for fall.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

You've been busy and gotten some wonderful things made. Sounds like a "working" vacation." Great pics!

Jane said...

goodness me you have been busy!
can't wait to see those pendants when you glaze them.

Jackie said...

Oh howard! How funny.
I love your buttons. Do you use stamps for the designs or draw them yourself?

Jackie said...

I just got a new commenter and when I poped over to hers I found something that might interest you:
http://karensfeltworks.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-our-son-chriss-new-puppy-ike.html