Monday, August 9, 2010

Hello again. I thought I would stop by today and show you the mittens and gloves I've been knitting. The yarn I used for these mittens is sooooo soft. It's a blend of 70% Merino and 30% Angora hand spun and hand dyed that I bought at the MD Sheep and Wool Festival.It's so soft I think I might have to make some for me! These are Kellie's Nintendo DS gloves that are in the works. I still need to sew in all of the ends. She likes that she can still use her fingers to play her DS in the car. And these regular gloves are almost finished too. I bought some really pretty hand dyed yarn over the weekend to make gloves to list on etsy. I can't wait for that to come. It's a blend of 80% lambswool, 10% dehaired angora and 10% cashmere. It should be beautiful and super soft.

Mark doesn't understand my crafty crafty ways. If he sees me sewing or knitting or beading or whatever he calls it playing even if I'm working on something I plan to sell - which I can tell you makes me nuts because it immediately makes me feel guilty. I was raised in a house where my mother was a cleaning fanatic. Fanatic! She looked at quilting/sewing as play time. It's crazy how hard that idea is to get over. If I'm cleaning I get cranky because I want to make something. If I'm making something I feel guilty because if I have time to play I have time to do something important like clean. You know what I mean. So even when I am making something that I am thinking of selling I still feel incredible guilt over taking the time to make it. It's crazy I know but boy is it hard to change the way I view these things especially since Mark doesn't really see it as anything but goofing off. Anyhoo, Mark was reading the newspaper on Saturday and he always reads our horoscopes ---

Mine: Concentrate on creative pursuits this week and perfect your craft.

Marks: To be happy in your relationship this week you will need to keep your mouth shut.

LOL! How perfect was that! We laughed and laughed about that.

Have a happy Monday!

5 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, you are some kind of knitter! I love all your glovey things. My favs are fingerless gloves cause you can still do things!

Chin up Mary! Doesn't matter what people call creating (playing, whatever) it is serious business and requires great work and concentration. You know what, if it was easy everyone would do it. But they don't, so it must be equal to hard work!

Deborah said...

Great gloves! I guess you could tell him that crafting is cheaper than therapy, but regardless, it is a healthy thing to do. Most people are happier when they are being creative. Anyway, since you're planning to sell it, it would count as work.

Levin said...

that is fantastic! did you help the paper write the horoscopes???

i love your gloves and mittens. are mittens hard to make? gloves scare me - all those itty bitty fingers.....
i'm still knitting my cardigan....slow and steady wins the race. i'm sure i will have it ready in time for summer ;-)

dulcy said...

You must have bribed someone to get those perfect horoscopes! I simply adore your knitted mittens and gloves! I can't find my favorite, and easy, mitten pattern. I guess I need to branch out! Beautiful work.
Dulcy

dulcy said...

Hi Mary..... I would love both patterns, but only if it's something you don't have to recopy into an email (don't want you going to the trouble). If you can scan and send, that would be most appreciated!

dulcy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!
xo
dulcy