Thursday, July 1, 2010

Not The Kind Of Excitement I Was Looking For

Our day started with Ryan almost getting killed. He took Howard out on a leash to go to the bathroom so we could go out for the day. He spoke a little to enthusiastically to Howard about how good he is and "Lets GO!" making Howard take off full out in a run. Ryan tried to keep up - didn't think to let go of the leash - ended up flying through the air, slamming into the ground having all the air knocked out of him and then plowing through some cement blocks on the ground where he rolled onto his back and his eyes rolled back in his head and he passed out. Heart failure for Mark and I but thankfully he is okay - very lucky to be okay - but okay.
So yet again we have had the don't get Howard excited when he's on the leash talk. And because he's Ryan...he has asked me about 4 times if he can take Howard for a walk. NO! You will not be taking Howard anywhere until I forget this day! I think I lost 10 years off my life today.

3 comments:

Cathie said...

Mary, you oughta know that boys do stuff that gets them "almost killed" on a daily basis. Sad, but true - I KNOW from experience. Must've scared the beejeesus out of Howard. And as for you and Mark, can you say, "martinis for breakfast???"

Dag said...

omg - so glad he's "okay"!! sorry about the extra grey hair and lost years, i am with you!!

dulcy said...

Well....I'm just so happy he's ok! Wow! It's amazing what can happen so fast......

I just love your pillows and quilts! Such gorgeous colors!

dulcy