Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just Saying Hi!

Where am I? I have no idea. The days are flying by and I'm not productive in any way that would interest you. On an up note, I've finished with the green fabric and have moved through purple and am now working on blue. I've gone to lunch and shopping with a friend. I've been hanging out with my kids and going to the pool. Tuesday evenings are noodle night at the pool. You are allowed to bring one of those big foam noodle things to the pool. This was one of those strange nights when no one is at the pool. Kellie was completely alone until these two boys came.Anyway, it's been just your typical summer days around here. Jason is in Maine. He survived the white water rafting. I know this because Molly's boyfriend must text her a thousand times a day so because of him I know my son is having fun. Yesterday Ryan spent his entire allowance for this month ($20) at the dollar store on stink bombs. Mark definitely needs to only give him half of his money and put the rest in the bank. Today he asked if he could buy a used toy from his friend. It was only $15. When I asked him how much a new one would cost he said $10. Ryan is the ideal customer! Who else would find value in buying a used toy for $15 that costs $10 new?! He's a whiz with cash isn't he? Anyway, I just thought I would stop by and say hi. I hope you are having a good week.

6 comments:

Jill Eudaly said...

I too find it hard to get anything done with the kids home. My youngest is in summer school. I asked how her first day went. She told me if you give a wrong answer they shock you. I've had three weeks of stories about kids getting tazered (sp?). she is not fond of school, hence summer school. If she doesn't win an Academy Award one day it will be a crying shame!
jill

Kris said...

Hi! I like to know what you are doing - even if it is mundane. Still cutting, huh?

Deborah said...

I don't even have any kids at home and I'm still not getting much done. Maybe it's the heat. You're really zipping through getting your fabric cut! I enjoy hearing about your kids.

Cathie said...

noodle night! hmmmmm!
we're in the Floriday Keys (Key West and Key Largo) for a week. We'll be back Saturday. It's been a blast but I'm ready to come home!
Glad to hear you are enjoying your summer.
PS - Stink bombs???

Threads of Inspiration said...

I enjoyed reading your post...it is the day to day of life but isn't that really the best. I laughed out loud at the $20 purchase of stink bombs. Sounds like something my brother would have done as a kid and now his son is the same! LOL

Levin said...

i was reading your post and i thought the idea of noodle night sounded good - until i realised you meant pool noodles not yummy noodles....
l
x