Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm Needing A Lot Of Coffee Today

Can't do anything fun today because I have piles and piles of laundry to do. And I have to deal with that stupid rabbit today, but what I am dreading most is that Jason plans on riding his Harley for the first time today. We helped him get it as a graduation gift - I know - you don't have to tell me how insane that is. But with Mark all about his Harley it was only a matter of time before Jason was going to want one. He has cars available whenever he needs one, but we wanted something for him to drive back and fourth to college in the fall that would be cheap and establish credit for him. Motorcycle insurance is low and the gas mileage is amazing. Jason took the motorcycle safety class before we left for vacation and got his license the day before we left.It's a much smaller bike than Mark's. It will be great for him to use for college in the fall because the college is only 2 miles from our house, but I'm still going to be a nervous wreck every time he leaves the house. He's like Mark though - very cautious - the complete opposite of Ryan :O). Ryan will have to be about 50 before I will let him ride a motorcycle!


My mother called me last night and told me that she was very sick over the weekend. She had a temperature of 102 all weekend and couldn't eat. She finally went to the doctor on Monday morning and they sent her to the emergency room where they were running tests. They told her she would have to be admitted and she said "oh. I can't do that. I'm taking care of my daughters pets while she is on vacation." LOL! She said the doctor looked at her like she had three heads and told her she didn't have a choice. Then about 2 hours later they figured out what was wrong (an infection) gave her antibiotics and sent her home. She stopped at my house to feed the pest on.the.way.home! Mark said "good thing she had her priorities in order." LOL Can you believe that? I was like Mom, we could have called Molly's boyfriend to take care of the pets till we could get home. That is so like her to worry about something stupid like the pets while in the hospital. She said she was so afraid that she was going to have to call me while I was away. Yeah. Don't bug me with your problems lady - I'm on the beach. gaaah, that woman. Anyway, she's getting better now.


Howard is very glad to be reunited with his couch and has assumed his usual position with his favorite toy. Useless horse dog.
Off to do piles and piles of laundry. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Welcome back. I know you'll be worried but it is a gorgeous bike and he sounds like a mature young man. Glad to see Howard looking comfy.

Jackie said...

I think you are doing the right thing with the bike...lets hope so. I put my son off riding a motorbike with my own fear, but you have a good role model.No one else in our family rides one. Laundry...? Whats that?

Kris said...

Oh! Come to my house if you are going to do piles and piles of laundry! I need some done!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

I ride a harley... I highly recommend taking all the safety courses he can take... Even after all the years I have been riding, it is always good to go take a refresher course... Ride safe!
Quilters who ride... hmmm, that sounds good!