Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear Jane and Journal WIP

First, the blueberry ice cream was good, but...I shouldn't have added 2 tsps of the vanilla - it was too much. I did increase the sugar to 3/4 cup and I'm glad I did. Overall it was very good. I will make it again (just with 1 tsp of vanilla next time)The peach ice cream that I made on Friday was very yummy - and it's long gone.As for Dear Jane: This one wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It went together very quickly.I'm ready to move on to the next one. I have also been working in my art/visual journal thing. I've been doing a lot of collage on the pages. I have a little more collage to do and then I will start coloring, painting, and the pen work on these.I love this photo of Howard so it needed a big spread...
It's fun to work in this journal. It's just play - I don't really think about it when I'm gluing stuff down. Most of this was finished before vacation with the intention of working on them in the evening. I packed a lot of pens, paints, pastels etc and never did work on any of it - which is a good thing because that means we were having too much fun - but now that I'm back home I am anxious to get to the paints and pens and have a little fun with it.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I really enjoyed your art journal! Is this the same one that you made to be used for the entire year or a separate one just for your vacation or for art thoughts? I'm wondering what are the dimensions.