Friday, July 30, 2010

Basting Today...

The lighting in my house is awful. We have so many big trees around our house that it's impossible to take a decent photo. Anyway, I'm taking a break from the cutting up fabric and am basting some quilts today. This is the first oneI'm trying to decide if I want to quilt it with a pale pink or cream.I'm leaning towards the cream. I considered the pale pink because I always quilt with white or cream but I think I'm too chicken to take the leap and use a color. The backing and binding are this green .
Victoria, if you are reading this, I have about 6 of these blocks left - do you want one or all of them? They aren't bright so I wasn't sure you could use them. Let me know.

I had to take Howard to the vet today. I think his thyroid meds are off. He is down to 141 pounds and he is shedding really really bad. They are going to call me tomorrow with the blood work results. Lets all cross our fingers that it is just his thyroid. You know how the dog likes to spend all our money on vet bills.

Well, it's a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l day today! The humidity is gone and it's only going to be 86 degrees. aaaaaah. Heaven.

3 comments:

Levin said...

i love this quilt - it's so soft and light and beautiful.
good luck with the quilting :)
l
x

Jill Eudaly said...

My mom is a quilter...I dabble. The colors in your lastest creation are in her favorite palette choice.
funny, I just posted in my blog about my dog and vet bills.
we will be living on tuna and hot dogs for the next year.
jill

Cathie said...

You should make a pillow sham with the extra blocks! Oh dear - lots of fuzzy kisses for Howard - do pray he is well and is just a glitch in his meds. Love the cream or the pink. Whichever provides the most contrast. Even a dark olive green would be pretty. It is a lovely quilt Mary.