Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Moving Right Along

I'm thinkin' this might be enough pillow things.I just kept sewing - stuffing - sewing and tossing on the floor. :O) I have a plan though. They will be fun to stitch on the beach - extremely portable. I want to make some little things to list in my etsy shop. I set up another etsy shop for the clay and glass called whitecloverkiln, but I'm not going to list anything until after vacation. Now that I've worked out all of my mistakes with that first batch of clay I'm ready to make more to sell. And I also want to make some fused glass items to list too. Big plans - but not until after my family fun-mental health break. I can't wait to get to the beach! Seriously counting the days now.

I also started cutting out the strips for a bright log cabin quilt.
I have no business cutting out another quilt while I'm still not finished quilting this one!If I were a machine quilter this baby would have been finished years ago, but I'm not. I'm a hand quilter so...yeah...my grandchildren will love it right? I still love working on this. I love the bright blocks but you know how I am - attention span of a flea - so working on this is sporadic at best.I hand pieced/appliqued and hand quilted quilts like crazy years ago, but the older my kids get the less I get finished. I guess it's because they aren't all in bed by 8 PM anymore.

New topic...Why why why is the weather like August?! What happened to the beautiful June that we should have? What is with this humidity from Hell?! Kellie said to me "hey mom, you look just like Shirley Temple!"...gee, just the look I was going for too - oh how I love humidity - happy happy day. :O) Today is going to be 96 and very very humid - even too hot to be at the pool. H.O.T! Call me crazy, but when it's like trying to breathe pea soup I like to stay inside. Stay cool friends.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oooh I can't guess what these are going to be....it all depends what you stuff them with I suppose!

Kris said...

Ahhh! Inside! My best in summer. We don't have much humidity here, but we have a searing heat and then I prefer to be inside! I am jealous of your holiday/mental health break. What a great idea!

Deborah said...

I love all of your projects!