Monday, June 14, 2010

I Didn't Blow Up!!! hooray!

First, Happy Flag Day!Saturday I finally got around to loading the kiln for the bisque firing.Read and reread the directions about 500 times, entered the information into the controller, read the directions two more times and then hit enter to start.
Tried not to stress as the temperature climbed to 1948 degrees. Convinced Mark that I knew exactly what I was doing. Who's afraid of a little kiln - surely not I. And the next morning...Taadaa...Look - perfectly bisque fired buttons and beads all ready for glaze. That one that has the color on it is a test. I wanted to see what the underglaze looks like when it's fired. I really like how white they are now. I can't wait to see what they look like with the glaze. I'm going to start glazing them today. Tomorrow is the last day of school and then it's summer va.ca.tion! woohoo!

4 comments:

Cathie said...

Handmade buttons for all your cool stuff. Awesome!

Kris said...

So glad you didn't blow up! Lol!

Deborah said...

Glad you didn't blow up! Sounds like you're having fun!

Levin said...

woohoo indeed! holidays and you are all alive to enjoy them. i remember the first time i used my pressure cooker i was so scared that it was going to blow up! but i didn't - just like your kiln didn't. amazing really.....
enjoy glazing your buttons and beads.
l
x