Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy June!

I hope you had a nice weekend. We just hung out around the house. I was able to knit some socks and booties for Cornelia's granddaughter. I made them in different sizes. I still need to add the little pearl buttons on each side of the booties.
All of the patterns are from Ravelry.com. I love Ravelry - so many wonderful patterns.
And buffalo wings - I love buffalo wings, too. This is my favorite way to make them... I bake them on stoneware baking sheets (no oil needed). I sprinkle them with garlic salt and pepper and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flip, add more garlic salt and pepper and bake and additional 30 minutes. Coat with whatever sauce you like. YUM! I make oven fried chicken the same way ... garlic salt, pepper, and flour and then bake 30 minutes, flip, 30 minutes at 400 degrees. It's so crispy and goooooood. Stoneware, I love you. :O)

I forgot to tell you that for Mothers Day the kids bought me an electric Crêpe Maker and some boxed Crepe Mix. It works really really well and the mix is so fast and easy - and tasted really good, too. So I made crepes for breakfast yesterday morning. I had what I thought was just enough for one more so Molly and I decided to split it. Well, it was more batter than I thought so our lovely thin crepe was as thick as a tortilla and looked more like a burrito! But with the strawberries, bananas, and blueberries and cream inside it was still pretty darn yummy.
And my kiln still isn't here AND I haven't received an email saying it's even shipped! I'm going to call them today. WHERE'S MY KILN?!!!

June 1st! Yippee. It's almost summer vacation. I'm going to get busy on the journal for the baby. MUST get that finished TODAY! Happy Monday friends!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Adorable socks and booties! I'm not familiar with stoneware baking sheets. Sounds like a good idea.

Lesley's Creations said...

Hi Mary!! Sorry it has been so long but I had to leave blog land to concentrate on my part time degree. Now it's coming to an end I can get back to blog world and see what everyone has been upto. Pleased to see that all is well at White Clover Stitches and that Howard is as handsome as ever. Hugs Lesley. x Ps. Our heart is still on display in out living room.

dulcy said...

Oh I just love those little socks and booties! Way cute! I'm it'n to knit some socks myself. I have a pair that I didn't finish, so may drag those out. Hope I remember how!

Kris said...

Happy Monday AND June 1st!!! Stoneware? It sounds magic. I hope all your good things come to you (Like the kiln!) and I looooove the booties. I am so jealous of your summer holidays. No commitments for a while. Sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy Mary!

Jackie said...

I've always wondered what buffalo wings are. Do buffalo have wings?