Monday, May 17, 2010

A Recipe, A Prom, And A Theme Song

I wanted to share this recipe with you. It's not amazing, but everyone seems to like it. When I say we are having it for dinner NO ONE complains. Four kids and a husband all liking the same thing!!! That is worthy of sharing I'm thinkin'. It's a recipe from RealSimple magazine (couldn't find it on their site anymore). It's called

Kid Friendly Pasta With Chicken Sausage and Broccoli.Serves 4
12 ounces Rigatoni
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, sliced
6 Ounces Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage Links, sliced (I can't get chicken so I use Turkey Sausage)
1 Small Head of Broccoli, cut into florets and stems sliced
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan

*Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
*Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the onion, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes (it usually takes more like 5 or 6 minutes for me but I think that could be because I double this recipe so there is more sausage to brown). Add the broccoli and 1 1/4 cups water and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
*Toss the pasta with the sausage mixture and any remaining liquid and the Parmesan. (I have to tell you, I stirred the Parmesan into this the first time I made it and the Parmesan clumped and was disgusting so from then on I put the pasta mixture into the bowls and then I sprinkle the Parmesan on top of each bowl. Much better.)

The prom was this past weekend. I think this is my favorite photo!
I loved Molly's hair, I wish I had a better shot of it.
And I love the expression on Jason's face in this photo as his date is stabbing him with a pin while trying to pin on his boutonniere.
I thought her hair was really pretty too...
They had a great time. There was an after prom party at a rented sports facility with all kinds of moon bounce things like bull riding and other crazy things and the pool was open for them, too. It was all run by the school so they could celebrate and be safe at the same time. It lasted till 4AM. They had so much fun.

And I've found a new theme song for myself! I want Mark to rewire our house so that every time I walk into a room this song starts to play... (of course it's a lot funnier when you can actually see me walk into a room to this, but I'm posting it anyway)
my new theme song
I think it might be the funniest darn song I've heard in a long time.

I have a class in glass fusing tonight that should be really fun - I've fused glass in my kiln before, but I'm in the mood for a class and hope this woman has something new to show me. I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I've taken any classes. Speaking of the kiln, my clay beads still aren't dry! So nothing new to show you there.

Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

Kris said...

A Johnny Carson reference? Loved the promness. Great hair!!!

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Dag said...

aaaah, seeing your kids almost made me cry..! how do you deals with it, when they are ready to leave the nest.....
... and i did not get bit by a rattler or fall into the grand canyon, just busy getting ready for the trip to germany.
loved your gorgeous buttons, too, you multi talented lady! i am very curious to see them finished!

Levin said...

your kids looked gorgeous - and yes, i like the shot of Molly too - she looks like she's out for fun ;-)
l
x

Deborah said...

Great photos! It looks like everyone had fun!

maybe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.