Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quiche

Hi friends. I thought I would talk about the quiche I made for dinner last night. Actually I made two. The first one is Clark's Quiche. I've made it before, but this time I used a lot less cheese. It's good, but not great. I actually think it's better the next day reheated.
The second one is Canadian Bacon and Potato Quiche Recipe from Betty Crocker. Everyone really liked this one. I had a little reheated for breakfast this morning and it was still really good.

The only issue I had was that I started making dinner at 5:15 and we didn't eat until 7:15! I was exhausted by the time I got dinner on the table. I will definitely make the quiche ahead of time next time. A lot of prep work for these - it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if I hadn't made two different ones, but I was trying to make everyone happy. We had it with a salad so it made a nice dinner.
I haven't been stitching anything lately. I've been busy with the kids and Mark. Prom is this Saturday and both Molly and Jason will be going. Molly had some last minute gown alterations that needed to be done. I didn't do the alterations (that is not my thing) she had them done by the mom of one of her friends at school. Really nice woman - she did a fantastic job. Molly is gone this week - she's a counselor at the nature camp (the same one Jason did a few weeks ago). I dropped her off yesterday morning at 7:30 - she called after I got home to let me know that she had forgotten her cell phone and could I please bring it to her. NO. I think it's good for her to go three days without texting anyone! They are only allowed to have it for 10 minutes a day - I think she'll live. And did I tell you that when Mark went to the doctor he was told that he needed to stay home for two more weeks and that he needed to go back to work slowly so he will only be working two days a week at first? so...yeah...not much sewing/knitting/painting...getting done around here. It will be a few more weeks before Mark is back to his normal schedule and did I mention that Jason's last day of school is May 25 and then he will be home all day with me? Starting to twitch a little at this point. I'm seriously missing my alone time! I have just a few errands to run this morning and then I am going to hide in the basement (note to self - put a lock on basement door!) and work on something I WANT to do for the rest of the day!!!! I hope you are having a nice day.

3 comments:

Cathie said...

You can run, but you can't hide!
The basement - they'll find you there. Got to think of something better.
I want that bacon and potato quiche recipe please!
XO

Deborah said...

Both quiches look delicious and are making me hungry! Good luck finding some time and a place for yourself!

Dag said...

these look delicioso!!! makes me hungry for a midnight snack....
and guess what, mary,you won't be surprised when i tell you that we own the same salad grabby thingie that's on your salad pic, haha! i got mine in maryland -- of course....!!
have fun with the kiddos, my big boy will turn 11 tomorrow, boohoo...! i can already see him moving out :-(