Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Little Knitting...and Howard

Do you remember this cowl?I started it way back in November but set it aside at Christmas. Well, I pulled it back out yesterday and finished it late last night. I love the pattern. It still needs to be blocked, but I love it. I love the blue.
Cathie, you will like this story. I was telling Kellie about our first dog, Fred. He was a lab/dane mix and the sweetest dog. We bought him 1 month after we got married and he was like our first child. Anyone not a dog lover will not think this is so great...Anyway, I was telling her about how I would put a dog treat between my teeth and how Fred would take it from me without ever touching my lips. Kellie says... OH! See if Howard will do it!!!! all excited. Okay. So I get a treat and hold it by the very tip between my teeth. Here comes Howard and COMPLETELY slimes me - Chin, mouth, cheeks, nose - he didn't miss a thing! It was hilarious and disgusting! I should have known - the dog is not the sharpest tool in the shed so I don't know why I thought he would have any skill or technique with this but I didn't expect the level of slime!

3 comments:

Cathie said...

oh Lord. lol lol . I started laughing before I finished reading. I knew what was coming before you even said it. Look on the bright side - now you don't have to brush your teeth (or floss)!!! I'm sure he got everything.
ps - that Cowl, I too love that color. Matching mittens are a MUST with that. Hey - maybe if we start planning NOW we can go to the Mid-Atlantic together next year. YOU can teach me how to knit "properly", and I'll treat you to the show and dinner!

Deborah said...

lol, I can just imagine that scene! We got a dog (a keeschond, the same kind we have now) when we were first married, as our first "child." Your knitting is fantastic!

Dag said...

gorgeous, mary, that yarn and that pattern --- perfect together!! - did you push yourself to finish something before you can start with the new yarns??