Thursday, May 27, 2010

Knitting And A Recipe

My dearest friend Cornelia is a new grandmother. I'm late with a gift because I just couldn't decide what to give the baby. I know her daughter has been inundated with gifts so I've really been struggling with a gift idea. Yesterday I finally decided that I would knit the baby a little summer sweater out of cotton. I love the colorI think the color will be so pretty on her.
I also want to make a sweater for next fall and a journal. I'm hoping to get all of it finished this weekend so that I can send it off next week.

I also have a recipe for you. I don't think I've given this one to you before.Warm Chicken And Vegetable Salad
4 servings
3/4 lb New Potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces (about 2 cups)
1/2 lb Fresh Green Beans, trimmed, broken into 2-inch pieces (2 cups)
2 (4 oz) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Purchased Caesar Salad Dressing
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
3 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Oregano or 1 Tbsp dried Oregano leaves
1. In large saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add potatoes and green beans, cover and cook about 8 to 10 minutes or just until vegetables are tender.
2. Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast halves with salt. Add chicken to skillet , cook 6 to 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly. (I cut the chicken up into pieces before I cook it in the skillet - it cooks faster and I don't have to cut it up after it's cooked)
3. Drain vegetables; rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and cool quickly. Drain well; place in large bowl. Add salad dressing, onion and oregano.
4. Chop chicken (if you didn't before it was cooked). Add chicken to salad; toss gently to coat.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.
I love it cold the next day. I've made this a lot and all of my kids like it. Try it.

1 comment:

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

Hello Mary, just popped over to say "hi". I think the baby will look bonny in the peach. Her Momma is sure to love it!

xo