Monday, May 3, 2010

It Was HOT - But Fun.

Oh how I love the Md Sheep and Wool Festival! Even this year when it was 90 degrees and H.O.T! So hot in fact that I ran out of purchasing steam. My niece did meet me so that was fun. And crazy but true...I didn't buy any roving! I know-I can't believe it either. I went to my favorite places, but I just didn't see anything new. I had wanted to buy some funky roving to make some big funky yarn but no one had anything like that. And I'm always on the lookout for hand dyed felted wool, but no one had that either. I'll have to go to Etsy or Ebay for the funky roving I guess. I did get lots of sock yarn. I love knitting socks and gloves more than anything else so these purchases made me happy. This group is from my favorite sock yarn people Blue Moon Fiber Arts (you have to stand in line to get in their booth and then stand in another line to pay, but it's definitely worth it!)
And these two skeins I purchased from a vendor that was new to me. Creatively Dyed Yarn - Hand Dyed Yarn & Fiber -
The lighting in my house is horrible so these photos do not do this yarn justice. It was all so pretty that I had a really hard time choosing!


I think they will make very cool socks! It's a shame it was so hot this year but it was still fun.

Mark went to the doctor this morning to see how the fusion is going. He'll find out today when he can go back to work. Hope your day is a good one.

6 comments:

Cathie said...

excuse me.... but did you say,
"I ran out of purchasing steam???" WHAT!? Mary - out - of - purchasing - steam???? I've got to go lie down. I must not be feeling well - cause I'm sure I read that you said .....
never mind.

Dag said...

i. am. sooooooooooooooooooooooooo. jealous!!!!!!! and i was freezing here in nm, too!

dulcy said...

Love your new yarns.........I'm knitting dish clothes, but somewhat frustrated, so put my needles down and picked up my rug hook. I'll get back to them eventually. Your post makes me want to get back to sock knitting! Knitted three pairs last summer, and stopped in the middle of the fourth....hope I remember how!

Jackie said...

Oh I know that feeling..we have woolfest here in June and there are people wandering about in woolly dresses and all I want to do is lie down.

Kris said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Lovely yarns you managed to purchase! Soooo pretty!

Levin said...

gorgeous wool/yarn. i wish i could have come with you!
l
x