Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Something New To Work On...

Last night I decided to play around with some rug hooking. I cut a 15 inch square of burlap, did a really quick sketch, and then just jumped right in. It's very addictive. I ended up forcing myself to put it down at midnight.I'm using all kinds of stuff in this. Yarn, old cut up t-shirts, wool, etc. Just whatever.And this morning I cut a few hyacinths from my garden. They are my favorite spring flower. But I do love lilacs too. It's pretty much a toss up of which one I love more. And Molly loaded all of her photos from Disney. Can I just tell you how much I hate the new color guard uniform she has to wear!I think she's a cutie, but I think the uniforms are on the trashy side. She did too. I don't know who was in charge of that decision, but they need to rethink it.Here is a photo of all the band kids who went (It was around 105 kids) to Disney. The actual band is much larger. It's the largest high school band in our area.It's a rainy day here today so I think I will just do laundry and work on the little hooked rug thingy. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

The rug hooking looks like fun. I like the colors.

Dag said...

girl, i don't believe it --- you hook, too!!!!
looks lovely!!
a friend from virginia got me inspired to take a class which i started end of last year, i'll have another session tonight!! did i send some vibes there or what???!!!

Cathie said...

What pretty girl she is. Sabrina's in color guard too, I think you knew that though. Your rug - looks really cool. I like the idea of using all kinds of different stuff - it makes it really interesting - it's multi-dimensional. Purty. Hey - I need a Howard fix. Puts me up some photos of that guy soon.