Monday, April 5, 2010

On To A New Week...

Easter was fun. The kids did their thing...
Jason didn't feel like participating in the egg dying this year. He's was being...18 and too cool to be bothered with it all.

Easter was really fun. My family came, so it was all 24 of us. I was actually a little hoarse this morning from the laughing. It was good. Howard was feeling the holiday hangover today...

Oy the day I had! with the laughing, and the eating, and the playing...
Of course no holiday would be complete without the emergency visit to the vet with Howard. He woke up on Saturday morning with a sore over his eye that looked all red and swollen and I was afraid to wait and see with it. So my holiday check list looked like this...
eggs dyed...check
house clean...check
emergency vet visit...check
half of this weeks grocery money spent at vet...check

It was a great weekend all around. I was exhausted today. I didn't do anything but take Mark to the doctor and read. I didn't have the energy for anything else. Jason and Molly are getting ready for their big band trip to Disney this week. I'm a little freaked about the idea of them on a bus to Florida, but they are going to have such a great time. They are recording a song for Disney to go with some film (we don't know what yet) on Friday, and on Saturday they will be marching in Magic Kingdom. The rest of the time they get to have fun at the parks. I'm a little bummed that they leave on Wednesday the 7Th. That is our 20Th wedding anniversary but I think they would rather skip the cake and go to Disney.

Mark had all 21 staples removed from his incision this morning...that's fun. His type A personality is having a tad bit of trouble with the not feeling so great and not being able to do a darn thing all day. He's pretty much reached his limit in the patience department. You know, it's been 12 days - enough already. And he can't do a darn thing until he sees the doctor at the 6 week appointment. We are now entering the fun stage of the recovery process...the big cranky bored man stage. good good times a comin'. :O)

2 comments:

Levin said...

wow - i can imagine that having a big bored male in the house will be fun!
hope it's all going well.
l
x

Crafty_Witchy_Girl said...

Hi! I hope Howard is doing fine about his eye sore. I feel in love with him at fist sight! He has such a personality! I can notice it through his pictures! Congratulations on your cute dog and beautiful family!