Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oh The Spinning...

I've been reading Dagmar's posts about all of her spinning adventures lately and it made me want to spin. It was all I could think about last week when I was getting ready for Easter so this week I have finally been able to get to the spinning.
I don't remember what this roving is other than it's a silk blend. I bought it at sheep and wool two years ago and it doesn't have a label with it. It feels amazing though and I love the colors in it. I can't wait to ply it to see how it changes. I think that's what I love most about spinning. You really don't know what you are going to get until you ply it.

That is what I'm going to be working on today. It's beautiful outside again today with all of the trees blooming, but it's going to be 90 degrees! ugh...what happened to spring?!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Dag said...

oh mary, i love love love it!!! i'm just about to go for a run - but i know what i'll be doing afterwards...!!! off to the wheel it is!
i can't wait to see the finished yarn, too! - any ideas yet about the knitting to come of it??

Cathie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathie said...

okay, next you're gonna tell me...

you're raising llamas

so you can shear them,
so you can make roving,
so you can dye it,
so you can spin it,
so you can make yarn,
so you can knit a pair of socks,

but only after you "felt" the knitting to make wool socks!

Geeze lady - is there anything you DON'T DO???? XO

Deborah said...

Beautiful colors! It looks like it would be nice to handle. I'm catching up after a few days of visiting my family in Virginia. I miss those egg coloring days.