Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Whoops, I Got Distracted For A Few Days

Hello there - I didn't expect to be gone from here for so many days - life gets in the way like that sometimes. Anyhoo, I was at the store today and saw these pink roses on sale and decided that I needed some.I went to visit my parents a few days ago...it's like visiting a foreign country where they change the language every 10 minutes. Trying to have a conversation with them is very tiring. I told them I was going to bring over my copy of the book that my quilt is in. That somehow translated to I bought a dress from Coldwater Creek that I wanted them to look at. Whaaaa? I'm always exhausted after those visits. It is amazing how healthy they are though. They just had checkups and are in perfect health. My dad will be 88 this August and my mom will be 84 in May. Crazy healthy. I hope those good genes were passed on to me - not the crazy bad hearing, just the crazy good health.
I went out with Cornelia yesterday for some Pennsylvania adventures. Look at this most fabulous felted wool - doesn't that just scream Spring?
It has been 60 degrees the past two days...woohoo. Spring is almost here!

We also went to the Bernina repair guy because my machine was sewing all wonky. Guess what...Sewing machines need to be oiled after every 6 hours of use. Who knew? :O) All I know about sewing machines is that the pedal makes it go and if it doesn't go there's a problem. So My machine has had service 3 times in the 10 years I've owned it - that means it's been oiled 3 times in 10 years. Not exactly every 6 hours, but close.
We also stopped at my favorite candy store on the way home. YUM. Dark chocolate makes my day. And I finally decided that since I couldn't get arm extensions I would have to have my eyes checked. I picked up my new reading glasses today. I like them. Lets see how long it takes for me to lose them, scratch them, and/or break them! I'm a bit of a klutz with glasses - which is why I get all of my sunglasses at Target for $19.99 or less.


I loaded all of the checker games (7 of them) onto Etsy Friday night. By the time I had the last one loaded one had already sold. That made me pretty happy I must say.
I have a bazillion things on my list this week. I'm hoping to make some journals to sell on Wednesday and I want to make some spring felty things. I love felted wool - I think I'll start with that and then move on to the journals. I hope you are having a good week. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I'll show you my new glasses. I think they make me look very smart - like someone who knows they have to oil their sewing machine.

5 comments:

Cathie said...

You are so fortunate to have your parents around AND healthy. God Bless them both. My dad - he's 83 and still takes out the boat down in the Florida Keys. Can you imagine?
Oiled after every six hours? Tell me friend - where did he tell you to put that oil, as I've had my machine for two years and it's starting to squeak and I've never oiled it. E mail please.

Oh yeah - and give Howard a kiss for me.

P.S. Have a "Crazy Good" Day!!

Kris said...

Looking forward to seeing your glasses!

Deborah said...

Lovely roses! Congrats on the sale, I'm glad others appreciate your work, too!

Jackie said...

I have the same hearing experience with my elderly neighbour.
When the nurse in hospital was talking to us about her husband i said ;Did you get the gist?'
To which she replied..'What? He's got the sh**s'!
Lovely checkerboards.

Levin said...

i have the same problem with my parents - i try and see them once a week but conversations are often loud and repeated over and over - because one of them never tunes in until the end, but doesn't want to miss out!!!
but like you, i'm glad they are still around.
i haven't oiled my machine which i've had for nearly two years. i was thinking i should get it serviced but the money i would pay getting it serviced would buy me wool to knit my jumper.....hmmm what to do? what to do?
l
x