Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What To Do With The Mini Quilts

Hi friends. Exciting day today...Jason took his driving test and passed. Friday I take Molly to get her driving permit - and the fun continues. Anyway, someone asked me what I do with all of my mini quilts so I thought I would show you how some of them are hanging in my kitchen.The pieced ones above were all hand pieced and hand quilted. I did add the binding with a sewing machine but the bindings were all hand sewn when turned. Here is a little closeup...


3 comments:

Levin said...

Congratulations! another driver in the family. can i ask what age you can get your license in america?
i love the mini quilts and i love the way you have displayed them - better that you can appreciate them than put them away.
l
x

Cathie said...

Look how nice those are hanging up there. What a great idea Mary. I've been thinking about trying to do a mini a week or a mini every two weeks for a year. We talked about something similar. Like a journal quilt. Really, really pretty.

Deborah said...

I love the colors and the stitching! What a great way to display them!