Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HOME...

Hello. I'm finally home at 9:05 PM - Loooooooong 15 hour day. Mark's surgery went well. He's uncomfortable, but not needing anything strong for pain. They want to send him home tomorrow morning (Thursday). We'll have to wait and see how he is feeling. They basically went in next to his bellybutton took all of his insides and shoved them over on the right - fixed the disk - then shoved everything back. And as disturbing as this is, this is the text Molly sent me tonight while I was still at the hospital...

"so I was watching a video Kellie made outside and she's talking to her friends across the street and she was like "my dad's unconscious I think he's in a coma."

Seriously, Mark just wasn't exciting enough for her movie so she took a little creative license here. :O) She cracks me up. - she's disturbing, but funny.

Anyway, thanks for all of the good wishes for Mark. I have been just a whole lot of stressed about this surgery. My favorite part... when the PA told Mark that they have never had a catastrophic event during surgery, but there is always a first time. LOL! I swear! Thanks big guy - I feel super confident about this now. LOL This PA is the same one Mark has had in the surgery for all three surgeries and every time he is always all - oooooo, I'm very serious, I'm very impressive...you know what I mean - him talking about the catastrophic event is so like him. The surgeon is really funny and relaxed, but the PA sheesh, he's mr gloom. Anyhoo, no catastrophic events this time (sorry Mr PA) - Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

Levin said...

hey!
so glad to hear all went well. i hope this is the last surgery he has to have. and i hope, for your sake, that he recovers very quickly - because we all know what terrible patients men make.......
l
x

Melanie said...

I know how nice it is to get comments when people read your blog, so I'm sending out some good karma! No such thing as too much, am I right? So this is just me saying I've read your blog and I liked it! :P