Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WE NEED DOUGHNUTS!

I woke up this morning at 6 AM to pack a lunch for Mark and came to the decision that we must have doughnuts to get through another snow storm. I took off the fluffy goodness on my feet and put on the snow boots...went outside and dug out my truck and went to the store. Not much food to be had at the store (no bananas for instance) but the doughnut lady (the sainted doughnut making lady) was in fact on the scene and had stocked the doughnut counter. There.is.a.God! :O) So with the yummy sustenance all boxed up and heading home with me I am now ready for more *!#!@!**#@ snow. :O)
of course my kids wanted to know ... Whhhhyyyyy aren't there any cream filled? whhhyyy are they all twists? whhhyyyy don't you stop complaining and just be happy the darn doughnut lady came to work today okay? ya bunch of ingrates. :O)

And Jason was out this morning and finished getting all of the snow off of the deck but look at our neighbors...
they haven't removed even one flake of snow. That's very heavy. With all the snow we are getting tonight, hmmmm, perhaps that's not a good idea. If you hear a huge crashing sound - don't worry, it's just the back of their house being ripped off. (that deck is about 25 year old)
This is the road to my house (just around that bend)...
Still a little tricky to travel, but the main roads were fine...not that I'll be going anywhere any time soon.

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

HOw many doughnuts did Howard eat?? I'll be he didn't complain. Gizmo wishes he and Howard could have a play date!

Barbara said...

Love the donuts....comfort food always helps with everything. Just wish I wasn't on a diet at the moment...maybe I could go and have a carrot stick. No - its definately not going to do the trick. Your kids sound exactly like my little boy. It seems like everytime I get something there is always something wrong with it. I don't think they really realise how good their getting it.

Dotti said...

The first of the season's 6 to 8" of snow are sooooo pretty...the rest is a pain in the butt. Doughnuts help!

http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com