Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ROD Journal Pages

Thank you for the really nice comments you left about my ROD journal cover. I really appreciate all of the kind words. I didn't think anyone would want to watch a 20 minute video of me turning pages in the journal so I'm posting a few pages to give you an idea of what my signatures look like. They are all different sizes and I like that. I don't save much in the way of paper. I cut up my magazines and everything else and paste what I like in my inspiration/idea/sketch journals so for this project I went to my scrapbook paper. With two daughters who love paper like I love fabric we have accumulated a lot of pretty paper. I also put a ton A TON of envelopes and pockets in this journal so that I would have plenty of places to put the little bits from life that I save. Most of them were made with cut up sheet protectors. I hope you like this sample of my pages...
Those lilacs are from the bush in my backyard.

I did tear out a few pages from one of my vintage Winnie The Pooh books for this journal - which caused me a great deal of anxiety. I have a real problem destroying books. I love books so so much - especially old ones.



forgot about this little pocket below and stitched right over the left side. dang. now it's just a little bitty pocket.








I really love edging some of the paper with decorative punches.


eek, another vintage page Riiiiipppppped out. hhhhh. but I do love them in this journal so that makes it okay I guess.

I put a lot of velum in this journal too. A few pages I left 8 1/2 x 11, but mostly I made little places to journal with them and pockets.





I left some of these envelope flaps on because I though it would give me another place to journal.

Well, that's it - the end. I hope you enjoyed that-aren't you glad I didn't show you all 288 pages?! Have a great day! oh, and did you hear...we are expecting another big snow storm this week....just shoot me now. :O)

11 comments:

søren said...

this is awesome! I love the colors. Do you have scrapbook paper with printing on both sides or did you sew pages back to back? I used some in my ROD, but it's only one sided and it left so much white in mine!

Deborah said...

I love this! Thank you for sharing. I understand your anxiety about ripping out pages of books and using them for other things. I used to feel that way but no longer do. It does get easier and now I see it as a way of enhancing or adding value to the original intent of the book. Of course I wouldn't do this to a first edition or otherwise valuable book.

Micki said...

Great pages. I know what you mean about ripping up the books. Thanks for sharing with us.

PaulineC said...

Gorgeous journal. I just love all the papers, the colours and the pockets. Well done.

Roben-Marie said...

Your journal is beautiful and I love all the colors! Thanks for sharing!

Kris said...

Well I love it! Especially the winnie the pooh pages!!! Amazing!!! Lol! I can just imagine your reaction to the weather forecast! It's a wonder the weather is brave enough to snow, with your disapproval hanging in the air!

Kristi said...

I love all your bright colors. We are getting the same big snowstorm here in NY through the weekend, but your spring colors must make you feel a little better! I feel the same way about ripping books apart. I bought some junky ones at a used bookstore so it made it a bit easier to do (I haven't ripped my own apart yet!). Thanks for sharing!

Scrappie Irene said...

This looks really amazing!

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I agree with the comments above, the colours in your journal pages are so lovely and spring like! We're expecting that snow here in Toronto over the next few days as well but I'm looking forward to staying indoors and sewing more journal pages, I am so inspired by yours! Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

This certainly is a labour of love. Will you write in throughout the year?

tiger said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色