Monday, February 1, 2010

Remains Of The Day and stuff...

First, is this not the biggest idiot you have ever seen?Have you noticed that he is on the sofa in every photo I post of him?...useless dog. :O)

Second, I am taking Mary Ann Moss's online Journal making class called Remains Of The Day. Dispatch From LA: Remains Of The Day Online Class Info. Having so much fun with it. I like it because fabric and the sewing machine are involved in it, too - not just paper.

So, Saturday it was snowing...
so I dragged out all of my paper, trims, fabric, etc and got to work on my ROD journal.
I was able to do a lot on the pages but then sadly I ran out of the green thread that I was using...
so that had to be put aside until I was able to get back to the store this morning for another spool. I want all of the sewing done in the same green. So, second spool of green thread - check!
These are the fabrics I'm going to use for the cover. They are from the home dec department so they have a nice weight to them. And I'm going to cut up an old denim skirt to use with them.
and lastly, I've decided NOT to have my nervous breakdown. It was planned for any day now, but the tests for my breast cancer scare of last week have all come back A-O-Kay! Lets all do a happy dance about that shall we? They think it's from when I had shingles in that exact same location last year (when Mark was having his second surgery) and that it's just making it's presence known again in the form of pain without the rash (now that Mark is planning his third surgery). I didn't realize that you could get it again, but the doctor said "OOOOH yes. It lies dormant in your system and when you are under stress it acts up." So what you're saying is that this is completely my husbands fault? "lol, absolutely." So there you have it...Mark owes my a gift for causing me stress and undue suffering. :O) I have been completely out of my mind for the past 7 days. Example:
Jason and Molly teasing each other...Jason: You're so ugly Molly. Molly: You're so stupid Jason. Laughing laughing laughing hurling insults back and forth. Me...crying because they should be nice to each other. Really, I was a lunatic last week. :O)
So, between Mark's upcoming fusion surgery and my fear of him dying on the table and then this breast thing and my fear of dying from it and what would happen to my children, etc....hhhhh, big big big relief! So since I wont be having the nervous breakdown, I think I will get back to work on this journal. And it's February 1st and not only have I not started my February Bead Journal block, but I don't even have an idea for the block! I need to get thinking about that today too. Wooo, can I just tell you how friggin happy I am today?! Have a great Monday friends!

7 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so glad things are looking better for you! The class you're taking looks like a lot of fun. I looked at the site. Did they build the journal mostly before the trip or did they put it together when they returned? It's always great to see Howard!

Levin said...

yay yay yipee!
i'm so glad you are okay - even though i didn't realise you were potentially not okay.
i'd love to say, try not to stress, but that would be pointless. instead i will say 'try not to stress too much' ;-)
l
x

Kris said...

Not having a nervous breakdown is a very good plan. We should all plan that every morning. See, that's why I love coming to your blog. Sensible advice, and lots of it! I'm also glad that you don't have breast cancer. I have friends who have had it and they say it's not fun, so I wouldn't bother with it again if I were you. Now, the stress? Well, I'm a stressaholic myself so I'd never tell you to ditch something I obviously live for. Have a great week!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh how did I ever miss this post? I was just here this morning reading about your Kindle disaster and not having much time - I postponed my commenting until later.
So glad you emailed me for it would have killed me to miss this picture of Howard. Tears are streaming down my face as I write thimgs. Now, on to more serious things - prayer request going in to school and church with Sabrina for Mark. It's what we do.
Not surprised about your little "episode" reoccurring due to stress - I've read about that. Prescription for you - a day at the spa should "nip" that right in the bud! You take care of yourself crazy lady. And as for Howard God I how I love that dawg! XO

Jackie said...

Just catching up with blogs (as usual) and had missed this. So glad you are Ok.

Deborah said...

I am so glad you are not battling cancer. I love your journal. I'm taking Mary Ann's class also, but haven't started the process yet.

珊珊李 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優