Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Not Even Funny Anymore!

It's so bad that I don't even have a photo for this post. As you know, my kids have been home - with me stuck in this house - since Friday, February 5. I woke up this morning and thought ... YES! Tomorrow is Ttttttttuesday!!!! Everyone will go back to work and school. Happy do da day!

Guess what...it's snowing. My phone just rang and it was the school board...schools will be closed on Tuesday, February 16 due to snow. Are you kiiiiddddinggg meeee?!LOL Goodbye quiet morning enjoying my coffee in peace. Goodbye mental health day. Hello again complaining children,dirty dishes, and continuous eating. All the noise, noise, noise in this house with us all bored, cranky, and sick of snow and all of this continuous, confined, togetherness. I'm going to go have a glass of wine and stick my head in the oven now. And my poor kids - they'll be going to school until July at this rate. They were scheduled to be out on June 9Th but with all these snow days I don't know what they are going to do.

Anyway, I plan to post tomorrow...or was that go postal tomorrow I can't remember now. Till then...toodles.

7 comments:

Kris said...

LOL!!! Still seems funny to me! (I'm full of empathy, NOT) I still think it's pretty!!! Hmm... there must be some way around this though. You could always make a game of them staying quiet and staying in a room where you are not. Have winners (more than one, gotta keep them all interested!) and keep smiling! How long could this snow last? Sorry, gotta go. I feel a laughing fit coming on!!!

Levin said...

i say take all the kids to school, then ring the school board and say "sorry, can't take the kids home cause it's snowing" and leave them there for a week and a bit. that should be just enough time for you to recover.
goodluck though - may the snow melt soon
l
x

Deborah said...

I keep telling myself, it's only a matter of time. Spring should be here eventually. Good luck!

Clevelandgirlie said...

I guess today isn't a good day to tell you that it is crisp, a wee bit breezy and the skies are blue and sunny here in North Carolina! Now YOU can be jealous of ME - instead of the other way around. I say - give them all chores to do today (seriously) so you can go into your room (or studio) close the door and take a mental health day. When you emerge - the house will be vacuumed, the dishes will be done, and their rooms will be tidy. Take charge woman!
P.S. - if that doesn't work - I guess the wine and the head in the oven thing might work!

Clevelandgirlie said...

You should come to the Mid Atlantic quilt show with me!

Dotti said...

My heart goes out to you. I was once a mom dealing with unscheduled snow days...but not even close to the likes of what you eastern girls are enduring! I'll bet you'd like to strangle that stupid little groundhog for seeing his shadow!

tiger said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享
尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,徵信公司,尋人,徵信社,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社,尋人,徵信公司,外遇,抓姦,徵信社