I'm going to put a poem here and some other things to finish this section of the cover...
This is the inside cover. I'm going to put something here too.
and this is the spine...and that brings me to my issues. I am not happy with how big the holes are. They worked fine for stitching in the signatures, but they are larger than I would have wanted. I have the Martha Stewart screw punch (the white one below).It works great for scrapbooking, punching through card stock and one or two layers of things, and it comes with three punches of various sizes, but for this project...useless. The punch just isn't long enough to go through several layers. I purchased a Japanese screw punch from DickBlick because I had a feeling that Martha's wouldn't work. This brings me to my second issue. The Japanese screw punch is expensive. It comes with many sizes of punches, but I've seen it on line for $60-$82! I didn't want to spend that. I also didn't think I needed all of those sizes in punches. DickBlick sold one with only one tip under bookbinding. So I thought that would work just fine. Well, it did work just fine, but the hole is larger than I would like. So I will have to buy a smaller punch which is going to cost about $8 more. Not happy about that. Anyway it's finally finished (well, except for the closure) and I love it. LOVE it! it's a tad large and heavy but that's okay.
That's it for me today. I'm off to Target and the grocery store before the rain starts. Happy Monday friends!