Friday, January 8, 2010

The Winner And A Recipe...

Hey friends. I used the Random Number Generator online and the winner of the Neocollor II water soluble crayons is Levin! Congratulations Levin, I know you will love them! Send me your address and I will get these in the mail to you on Monday.

Oh, and I thought I would share a recipe with you today. This is straight out of the 70's. My mother used to make this all the time. Jason, Molly, and Ryan HATE it, but there are always a few in this house who hate what we are having for dinner sooooo, who cares. I make it anyway. It's like a chili but instead of being spicy it's more of a tangy flavor. Not quite a sweet and sour taste, but leaning that way-definitely not spicy. Anyhoo, here we go...

RANCH BEANS

2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
1 1/2 lbs of Ground Beef
1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
2 1-lb Cans of Pork And Beans - I use Bush's Baked Beans(original)
1 1-lb Can of Kidney Beans-drained
1 Cup Ketchup
1/2 Cup Cold Water
2 Tbsp Mustard
2 tsp Cider Vinegar

1 box of Macaroni Pasta (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In large skillet, melt butter and brown ground beef. Stir in Soup Mix, beans, ketchup, water, mustard, and vinegar. Pour into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish (I use a 9 x 13 pan) and bake for 30-45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Makes 8 - 10 servings.

Now, because I don't like just a bowl of chili, I always make macaroni and put this over it. At least that way the kids who don't like beans will still eat the macaroni with the meat. And I just remembered that I have some left over in the fridge, so here is a photo...
We had a light dusting of snow last night (maybe an inch or two) so the kids had a two hour delay. I had planned to go out and do some errands but while I was waiting with Kellie for the bus I decided that the roads in my neighborhood were too slippery (Kellie fell on the sidewalk) to bother going anywhere. Maybe I'll run out tomorrow. So, what to do today...vacuum - quickly, dust - quickly and then play the rest of the day with my stuff! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Looks good to me!

Levin (and Emily) said...

yay! i can't believe i won :)

we have about three meals in this house that everyone likes. i'm forever telling my children, you don't have to love it to eat it - it just has to stay down - lol

stay warm - we are currently set for a 41C, 43C & 43C end to our first heatwave for 2010.......

l
x