Thursday, January 7, 2010

January BJP Square...DONE.

Here is my Bead Journal Project square for January. I decided to go with the 4 x 4 inch square...
Took a bunch of photos and just couldn't get a good one, but here are some of the closeups. I used a piece of burgundy felted wool for the scarf...
and I added a few Swarovski crystals...
and after I finished the entire thing I went back and added some sequins in the snow part. I like them because you can't see them unless the light hits them.
So that was really fun. I can't wait for February to make the next one.
I started a journal for quotes and poems and I have a HUGE stack of things that need to be put into it. So that is my plan for today. I hope you enjoy your day too.

6 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

WoooooW! So, so cute. How in the world do you find the patience to sit there and stitch each and every teeny tiny bead down to a 4x4 square. How many beads did you use? HOw many stitches? I so admire folks who bead. My good friend Lisa http://pursuingart.blogspot.com/
also beads and does the BJP. She reminded me to do it - but with everything happening over here - I missed the deadline. I'm sad. I so wanted to try that this year.
Great first piece Mary - can't wait to watch you run with these bjps.

Jane said...

I think you did just fine re-photos!
Beautiful work :)

Kris said...

Wow! How beautiful is that! I love it! You are so brilliant at that whole beading thing. Looking forward to some inspirational beading from you each month!

Kris said...

Oh! And those photos are pretty good. (My sucky photos are waaaaay worse!)

Levin (and Emily) said...

wow - that has just blown me away. what an amazing piece of work. you must be very patient!!!!!
i can't wait to see what else you make.
your's in admiration
l
x

Deborah said...

This is beautiful!