Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010!!!

I joined the 2010 Bead Journal Project and want to begin work on my January piece today. I'm having trouble deciding on a size. You can do whatever you want, but you have to stick to one size for the year. I'm back and forth between a 2 1/2 inch x 3 1/2 inch or a 4 x 4 inch square. I pulled a few beads to work with. :O)I like the smaller size better, but this is supposed to be a challenge and filling the 4 x 4 inch square would be more challenging don't you think?
When I bought my lap top last year I got a free Flip video camera with it. On Christmas Kellie and her two cousins (ages 9 and 7) were using it to make videos of their finger puppet plays. Molly made a disk for Kellie and one for her cousins Mady and Ellie. Anyway, I wanted to show you the cover Kellie made for her disk. (they are calling themselves the EKM production company.)
So this week I'm hoping to make the Christmas lounge pants for the kids. Very timely on that. I'm calling them an early 2010 Christmas gift since I didn't get them finished before Christmas 2009.
And I want to make a book cover for my 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch binder day planner that I set up last week. And so far today I've caught up on all of my favorite blogs and emails and it's now 11 AM and I haven't started a darn thing. Not a good start to my project list.

We had a bit of a catastrophe over the holiday...
Jason was doing some enthusiastic stretching and yawning while on the sofa and knocked my little wood believe guys onto the floor with a crash resulting in a few decapitations and the entire thing snapped in half. Very distressing, but Ryan came to the rescue with a little wood glue so we are crossing our fingers that these guys have been saved.

Totally low key around here since Christmas. Just hanging out with Mark and the kids. They have gone back to work and school today so I'm hoping to get the beading started. I tried to work on a project over the weekend, but the minute I went downstairs and sat down Kellie came running down the stairs "MOM! Do you want to see my finger puppet play???!" I sure do. **Sewing will have to wait 'cause who doesn't want to see a most confusing play where there is a lot of attacking and screaming and I don't even know what all - I just made sure I laughed when she laughed and told her it was fabulous. Not five minutes after the play ended here comes Mark "hhh! What are you doing down here? Don't you want to watch a movie with me?!" absolutely. Who wanted to sew? definitely not me! :O) So here is to a happy new year and a productive week while I'm alone.

3 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Finger puppet shows and movies with your man - much better than sewing!!! I wanted to do the BJP but missed the cut off. I waited all year to sign up but with all the catastrophies going on over here I missed it. I'm soooo disappointed. But I'll be anxiously watching yours :)

Deborah said...

You've got the right priorities! I considered signing up for the BJP and now I'm sorry that I didn't. Happy New Year!

randi said...

Your beads are such pretty colors! Can't wait to see what you do with them!