Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Was It An Angel?...

I was talking to my friend about this and I thought that since it is Christmas I would tell you what happened...

Years ago I was in the hospital having just had Molly. I was being moved to a room so Mark went to get my bag from the car. Now, Mark is a very VERY straight laced, black and white, rational kind of guy. Anyway, he comes back to my room with this really strange look on his face and says "I just had the strangest thing happen. I was at the car getting your bag out and this old man walked up to me and asked if I would show him where the entrance to the hospital was. The door was straight ahead with the sign in giant letters HOSPITAL ENTRANCE, but I showed him anyway. The man puts out his hand to shake mine and as I shook his hand he said "I can see that you are a really good man." and he walked away. From the moment my hand touched his I felt like I was in the presence of something really really good. Something different-not of this world. He was REALLY good was the feeling that came over me."
Molly was born with double pneumonia and had to stay in the Nicu for 10 days. We were really scared at the time because at first we didn't know what was wrong with her. Was that her guardian angel? was it a ghost? was it just a really nice old guy who was lost in a parking lot right in front of the door? I don't know. But I'll never forget the look on Mark's face as he told me about him - and the fact that Mark - MARK - would wonder if it were an Angel...I don't know...
So I'm off to the store this morning to get the last minute food for Christmas. I haven't left my house since last Thursday so I'm hoping the roads are okay. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Einstein said: "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious"

Levin (and Emily) said...

oh einstein was clever wasn't he. i love the above comment. it says it all for me. i don't know where i sit with the whole angel thing - i just know that there must be something out there looking after my youngest because he's been 'saved' so many times.
the story made me shiver - just lovely. let's hope her life and yours continue to be blessed.
l
x

Deborah said...

I agree that Einstein says it best. A lovely possibility.

Jackie said...

How strange..I just this minute finished listening to a half hour radio discussion programme about Angels..no conclusions were reached but it made me think.So did this post.