Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Jason!

My first baby is 18 today...
In our first house Jason and Molly shared a room. We had one crib on each wall and when they woke up after their naps Jason liked to be put into Molly's crib so they could play together before coming back downstairs. This was taken in December of 1993 - Molly was 9 months and Jason had just turned 2.
They grow up much too quickly.
He's turning into a man and as proud of him as I am...I want that boy with his thumb in his mouth to come back and stay forever.
Yesterday he had to register for the draft-not my favorite law. It freaked me out. We are going out to eat tonight to celebrate his birthday - He's such a sweet, funny guy - I can't believe he's 18. I really can't think about it too much because it upsets me - my time with my kids is moving along too quickly. It's making me really emotional. This 18 business has me in a funk. Yesterday I even cried over the FOLGERS coffee commercial (the new one for the holidays when the sister tells the brother that his coming home was her Christmas gift!) Any other time I wouldn't have even noticed the commercial - this week - I cry over it. I'm a bit of a mess. I hope this passes soon because I don't even want to be around myself right now. I'm depressing myself. I cant seem to stop the waterworks this week whenever I'm alone...like now. Good grief I'm a mess.
I'm off to get my hair cut and color this morning...Molly: Sheesh you are constantly getting your hair done! Me: Yep, every 6 weeks - I'm holding out for a miracle! :O)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Great photos! I can remember when even starting kindergarten was traumatic (for me the mom!). Maybe in some ways transitions are harder for the moms than for the kids!

Levin (and Emily) said...

happy birthday jason!
it must be hard - i've already had moments when i feel emily is drifting away and she's only 15.
better stop watching tv for a while ;-)
l
x