Monday, December 28, 2009

Good Morning!

I hope you had a nice holiday. I loved that it was on Friday. Mark was able to be home all weekend and that was nice. We just hung out around the house Saturday and Sunday. It was a much needed rest. I feel so much better today - ready to start something new. Last night I made 10 journals. They are really easy to make and I decided to just get them all made at once. I was afraid that if I didn't the watercolor paper would get bent or damaged in some way. I still need to cut the ends of the thread, but other than that, they are all ready to go...
they are 16 pages made from one very large sheet of watercolor paper. Teesha Moore has a tutorial video on Youtube. Part 1 Here Part 2 Here. I also set up my 2010 Planner. I like to use a 5 1/2 inch x 8 1/2 inch binder. I have the month at a glance and also the week at a glance in it.
but this year I decided to add some watercolor paper pages.
On Christmas morning I made a Quiche.I used this quiche recipe. It was good, but I think next time I will cut back on the cheese. It was a little overpowering - a little too cheesy - to me, but still good. I will definitely make it again. I used a 9 1/2 inch pie plate and didn't have any problems (some people commented that they had overflow during baking.)

and we made the mistake of giving Howard his gifts first on Christmas morning!and he started jumping around with the new toys - a little scary :O) We definitely didn't think that one through!
and then he kept looking for more toys - convinced that every gift being opened must be for him! It was like having an elephant on crack in the room! :O) Happy Monday Friends.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Wonderful post! Things are quieter now. Glad that all of you and Howard enjoyed Christmas

maggik1 said...

Lovely to be back. Must have a go at the 16 page journal - a friend and I are going to do journals this year and this looks promising - keep posting? Can't wait to get making again ...

Gloria J W said...

Howard looked just great!! They are such happy dogs!! and nosy... and don't know their own size and strength....but I don't have to tell you that!! I'm just catching up....have had my house full of family and that's fun!
Rainbow smiles.... Gloria