Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gettin' A Little Crafty This Week...

I saw this post the other day and decided to make one of my own. So I went to the craft store and bought these letters, pulled some Christmas scrapbook paper and went to work...it didn't take long for me to realize that the scrapbook paper had some issues - like the fact that torn scrapbook paper leaves a white edge being the biggest one! It's also stiff and takes a lot of glue to become pliable.
I kept going because I was hoping that I would like them in the end. The O and L are fine because they have a lot of white in the pattern, but the N and E are bugging me.
For now I've decided not to redo them. I'm going to add some embellishment to the wide section of each letter tomorrow. I can't decide if I want to use felt and buttons or a paper embellishment on each. I'll see if I like them better after the embellishments are made. If the N and E are still and issue I'll go back and add another layer to cover the white. I'm hoping that once they are embellished and up on the wall I wont mind the white bits...we shall see. For now I'm going to watch a little television and work on knitting some Christmas gifts.

6 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Good morning Over Achiever!
Love your little Noel project.
Funny, I like the N and the E the best!! Bold, I guess. Gonna be fun embellishing these.

Gloria J W said...

Hi Mary...Yep I like the N and E. I thought the little white bits looked a bit like crackling!!
Rainbow smiles :) Gloria

Gloria J W said...

Hi Mary...Yep I like the N and E. I thought the little white bits looked a bit like crackling!!
Rainbow smiles :) Gloria

Gloria J W said...

Woopppsss. guess I like the letters doubly

Deborah said...

If you hadn't said you weren't expecting it, I would have thought the bits of white were an intended effect. I think the N and E look nice and all the letters look great together. I am feeling lazy compared to you.

Levin (and Emily) said...

they look gorgeous. isn't attic 24 jam packed with inspiration. i love all the colour in her home.
enjoy the festive season - i'm gearing up to a big week of getting ready for the big day :)
l
x
ps is howard better now?