Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Garland...

I have to say...I like it!
and the green hat wearing cactus...that was made in school by Ryan with papier-mache and brought home last week. We had to put it up high to keep it safe. I think it's pretty funny.

And this is a close up of the garland...
I used a felted white sweater for the front and I attached the letters with invisible thread. The back is also a felted sweater...
and today I went to the Candy supply store. I'm not going to make the cookies and candy until the end of next week, but while I was near the store I thought I had better get everything...
5 pounds of caramel - yum! and just look at all of this yummy stuff: sugar for the cookies, sprinkles for the candy, 2 pounds of crushed pecans, 1 pound of almonds, 1 pound of crispies for the candy, a few new cookie cutters, a few new candy molds, gift boxes, and the best part... 5 pounds of dark chocolate and 5 pounds of milk chocolate. That's good stuff!
I am almost finished Christmas shopping-just need to hit the liquor store for gifts and finish knitting the mug cozies and I'm done! I do have two more crafty gifts that I want to make but I'm not sure I'll have enough time. I want to hand embroider some handkerchiefs for my brother and I want to make a checkers game for Kellie...we shall see. Knitting must be finished first - and with that thought in mind I'm off to do just that - KNIT! I hope you are having a nice weekend. It's really really cold today 38 degrees right now but it's a beautiful sunny day!

4 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh Mary - mix it up and dip me in! Dark Chocolate.... Warm Carmel.... Yum. I'll take a dozen of each please. I've never had "homemade" candies. And the garland - so, so sweet. Man girl - you are incredible. Now what can Santa bring YOU???

Deborah said...

Wow, you are in great shape for Christmas. That is a great garland! Are those the felt balls you were working on the other day?

Levin (and Emily) said...

your garland is absolutely gorgeous. how clever are you???!!! i might just have to steal your idea.
emily has been studying the martha stewart magazine (last years) and is looking in donna hay (the australian equivalent of sorts) she's made a list of all the baking and candy making she wants to do - which leaves me time to.........clean up :( that's the not so fun part of christmas.
l
x

Gloria J W said...

Boy are you organized Mary...I'm way behind...Please post the recipe for the candy [if you can find the time]!! The supplies look great!! We have to make the rum balls, the apricot balls, the ginger balls...yet!! So I'm in awe of you girl!!
Rainbow smiles.. Gloria
PS love the felted ball garland..just too sweet!!! Clever you!!