Friday, November 13, 2009

Great Books For Little Girls-UPDATED

It's that time of year again...the fall school musical. Molly has been practicing every night until 10 pm - Last night she didn't call to be picked up until 11 pm - on a school night. She loves it, but it really takes a toll on her by the end of the week. She hasn't been home for dinner all week and she has been in school all day and then practicing 5 hours (6 hours last night) at night. They are doing The Sound Of Music this year. I'm looking forward to this one. I like the musicals. Tonight is opening night and then she has two shows tomorrow. Should be a good one.



Yesterday Kellie's school bus didn't bring her home until 4:30. We live less than a mile from the school and she gets out at 3:30! The school called at 4:10 and said that they had held all of the buses because of a "domestic incident". Hmmmm, that's what you want to hear.



Speaking of Kellie, she absolutely loves to read. She reads constantly and because of that she is a really good reader. Her favorite books at the moment are The Doll People series. They are for readers in the age group of 7-10. She got the first book for her birthday in September and the second book in October when she was home sick. Now she wants me to hurry and get the last one because she can't wait to read it. My mom has it to give her for Christmas - I'm not sure I can make her wait that long. In this house if they want books they get them. I will make them wait for toys and other things, but not books. I think reading is so important that if they are asking for a book I don't want to ever say no. Needless to say, she's a bit confused about why she is still asking (begging) for the book and I haven't bought it yet. Anyhoo, if you have/know a girl in the 7 - 10 age group these are great books.



I'm taking Howard to the vet this morning about the tongue. Poor Howard. I don't think he suspects a thing...It's not raining right now so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't start until after the appointment. I don't want to relive this experience. I'll let you know what they say when I get back...'cause I know you're worried. :O)

****HOWARD UPDATE:
Well, after the doctor stopped laughing at Howard - and after she left the room to get two other doctors to laugh at Howard. They all discussed it (since they had never had a dog who can't keep his tongue in his mouth) they decided that it was no big deal. Just a case of exposure. Probably due to the change in seasons and us using the pellet stove last week so close to his sofa - dry heat and all that. The doctor started with "because giraffes spend all of their time with their tongues hanging out exposed to the elements...." Me: Are you comparing Howard to a giraffe? LOL Poor Howard - the humiliation of it all. And the tongue is certainly not causing any eating problems...he weighed in at 160.1 pounds! When I walked in the receptionists were all talking about how he looked like he has had a growth spurt since the last time they saw him in September - he definitely weighs more (10 pounds). They said he definitely looked taller too so I measured him when I got home and he's 37 inches to his shoulder - that's a three inch growth in height since the last time I measured him (last spring when he turned 2). So you can all relax - Howard is A-Okay! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Karens Hopes said...

Just popped in to say hello. I hope Howard is Ok he looks a lovely dog.
Pop over and say hello if you have time.
Karen

Deborah said...

I'm so glad Howard is OK!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Yayyyy - Howard's okayyyyyyy! Thank goodness. Has his tongue always been heart shaped???