Tuesday, November 3, 2009

And Then I Saw The Wool...

So Cornelia and I were leaving the fabric store after she made a great purchase. And I say..."Did I tell you about the crochet woman? She makes the prettiest afghans! I want to make them but the wool would cost me like $210 ...." and Cornelia says "OH! I want to take you to this great yarn shop down the road okay?" Me: ABSOLUTELY! So much for my staying out of all yarn shops until my crochet obsession passes :O) And she was right - great little shop. But after cruising the main room where the yarn was I realized they didn't carry the Rowan yarn I wanted. Woo, that was a close call, but no impulse shopping today. But then Cornelia says "lets go upstairs." Should have said no. Should have stayed in the car. 'Cause this shop had T.H.E best supply of felted wool I have E.V.E.R seen. Oh my gosh! Wool of so many amazing patterns and colors all felted and just begging to go home with me! Just check out this fabulousness....

It was a small house with yarn on the first floor. The second floor had felted wool, wool for rug hooking - along with all the supplies for rug hooking, spinning wheels, and roving. It was such a great shop. I will definitely have to go back again. And for anyone anywhere near the Lancaster area of Pennsylvania, it was right off Rt 10 at 2827 Main Street in Morgantown, PA. It's called Olde Peddler Wools. Awesome shop. Then we went over to Lancaster for some lunch. Fun day as usual. Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Uh oh, I don't live that far away. That felted wool is gorgeous!

Deborah said...

I forgot to mention, love your new header/banner. It's fun to change for the seasons.

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oooooooh how I love felted wool. And those colors! So so pretty. Stores around here have a decent supply, but NOT in those gorgeous colors.

randi said...

The store sounds like a great find! And that pile of loveliness looks ready to become something wonderful. Have fun creating!

SHERINE joy said...

i think my videos will be correct for u....u got a great talent...those wool is gorgeous...
to be more creative i would like to help u if u see my blog...

ALL THE VERY BEST....SUCCES IS ON UR WAY:)
GOD BLESS U
WWW.sherine-letyourlifebeachallenge.blogspot.com