Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quilting, Quilting, Quilting...

The tree is turning yellow...
The bush is turning red...
more every day...
I'm feeling better. I woke up Sunday and thought...yes, I'm definitely feeling better. Than an hour later...Kellie came to me with a fever. And so it began again. She's been home with me until today. She was happy to get back to school. She missed her friends.
I've been quilting.I've outlined everything and now I'm filling in...
Did I tell you how much I love to hand quilt? Well, I do. I can't wait to finish all the quilting on this. I'm going to do a little beading on it too. This is what the wall hanging looks like. It's from a book I bought years ago.
but I still really like it. Sorry my photos are crappy. Can't be helped this time of year - And the flash just washes everything out. I sure could use some sunshine but it's not expected any time soon around here. Anyhoo, that's what I've been doing. I hope you are having a good week.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Looks like a beautiful quilt. Hope you and your family finally feel better.

Levin (and Emily) said...

firstly, i'm so glad you are feeling better.
secondly, i've never hand quilted but it looks like fun. i'm a crap hand sewer though - my stitches are never even and though i might have fairly regular stitches on the front, on the back they look terrible.
maybe i just need to be shown how to do it properly.
i love those pictures of your trees - we are heading for summer with this weekend's temperatures heading to 36C (97F) and it's still officially spring!
l
x

Janean said...

you have such great talent!

Clevelandgirlie said...

I so love the stuff you do Mary. Your stuff is better than my stuff :(

Jackie said...

I have been a bad blogger lately..not reading but I've had a catch up here and really enjoyed it.
Poor lovely daft Howard! His tongue dried up!
I hope its Ok.
Oh and I love your quilt.