Friday, October 2, 2009

A Few More Pendants...

Every free second this week I have been working on pendants. I love how these feel. I'm using my hand dyed velvet for the front and a cotton print fabric for the back. They have cotton quilt batting inside - like mini quilts. I also love vintage buttons, so each one has at least one button on it along with wool felt, felted wool, sequins, and beads. They are all trimmed with size 13 charlottes and hung on a satin cord necklace. I'm thinking of listing them on etsy next week.
I really love this yellow button with the white dots...such a cute button.
I've been having a lot of fun going through my buttons for this project. I just had to show you this card of buttons that I purchased. I love love love how this woman displayed them! I think the purchase had more to do with the display than the buttons themselves. It's so pretty I don't know if I'll ever be able to bring myself to use any of them! :O)Monday was a holiday from school so Mark took the day off too. We decided to go apple picking with the kids at a local farm. After picking apples, we were walking back to the barn and I said "do you guys want a pork roast or pork chops for dinner?" Kellie said "OH! Are we going to pick pork chops now? - wait, what are pork chops again?" LOL! God I love kids! I did make some home made apple sauce to have with our (hand picked :O) ) pork roast and it tasted fine, but it had the texture of wallpaper paste! LOL I think I should have added more water during the cooking.
Today I'm off to the mall to do some exchanges and meet a friend for lunch. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

love the pendants and the buttons! how did you get the velvet and the cord to match, did you you dye the cord as well as the velvet?

Jane said...

pendants are fab!
I love buttons on things, I'm terrible when I give clothes away to charity shops if the buttons are really nice I cut them off!
Oh dear bad girl :)

Mrs Moen said...

Those pendants are just adorable! I wish my button collection was as organized as these; looking for somthing in mine is more like the famous needle in the haystack.